Monday 23 February 2015

Bully Olympics and a website!

Some of you will already know that I received my official certification in canine massage therapy last week.  I’m not kidding, I literally wept with joy when I got it!  I cannot begin to explain how I feel right now….both the Auckland Canine Massage website and the Facebook page (with nothing on it so don't go there yet!) are live.  I have business cards and flyers and I am ready to go!!!  It is all coming together J 

So does this mean I’m going to stop my blog? Definitely not!  I am very much hoping that my future clients will be happy for me to talk about their stories and I know there will be many more learnings to share.

Last week I met up with Becky, who was the person who set me off on this journey in the first place.  Becky is moving back to the UK in March and will finish her course there at the Canine Massage Guild.  Even for just a morning it was awesome having someone in the same country to talk to about this work; we need more Certified Canine Massage Therapists in Auckland (and NZ in general).  I’m not afraid of competition…the more of us there are, the more good work can be done!
Having said that I had a great skype last week with Scott in Dallas as we discussed a number of canine related matters.  I’m so pleased I took the course I did, the communication between both instructors and students is excellent despite the obvious time and distance challenges.

What else can I say? Well it was a first for me when I attended the Bully Olympics out at the NZKC grounds at Ardmore.  I have never seen so many Bull Terriers in one place at the same time.  Such wonderful manners from the majority and as a group pretty chilled out animals, allowing their handlers to dress them up in all sorts of fancy dress getups lol.  


They also did some agility, egg and spoon racing (no, the dogs were not the ones carrying the eggs) and bobbing for apples.  Unfortunately Stanley who was a previous client of mine – see blog post from Nov 21st – didn't go home with a prize but he looked like he thoroughly enjoyed himself!  A great morning and lots of fun.


And the Aggie saga continues…..last week the physio thought there was something wrong with her paw… in yesterday’s session her paw was fine….. hmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment