Sunday 12 October 2014

T minus 20

This time tomorrow I will be engrossed in day 1 of my intensive Canine Massage course. It's hard to believe that I only discovered it's existence by accident a few months ago...and now I'm pursuing it as my new career. Nuts!
There are 5 other people I think on this course...wonder what they're like and whether they are from Chicago...will find out soon enough.

The flight to LA was good (well it was Air NZ after all!) but from there it was pretty tedious. Longs delays in LA followed by delays on arrival at O'Hare but I made it :)
Spent yesterday having some retail therapy...full on assault on Top Shop, H&M and J Crew followed by lunch at the Ralph Lauren bar & grill (Lucinda Mitchell that one is for you ;))!!! I sat outside which started well but ended up being freezing; the inside was full of preppy men and old ladies with face lifts and stiff grey hairdo's.  It's also a bit of a mammoth task to get from where I'm staying in the burbs to downtown, took about an hour I reckon but worth it.
Today is another gorgeous blue sky day so have scoped out my walk to "school" for the morning (about 15 mins) and have done my weekly shop. That's a bit of a challenge when the only means of cooking is a microwave but I'll just channel my student days...don't think I ever cooked anything then other than jacket potato and beans.

Despite the fact I've only been gone a couple of days I've felt pretty homesick but that's probably just because it's all so new and unknown. Hopefully from tomorrow everything will fall into place, I think I'm going to be too busy to dwell anyway! Managed 3 skype calls back home which helps :)

Am going to spend the rest of today reading up on stuff for tomorrow, catching up on sleep and a couple more skype calls home.

Will update as soon as I can with info on course attendees etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment