Thursday 2 October 2014

The wondrous world of dog shows

Today I experienced my very first dog show.  It was quite something :)  

I mingled with Borzoi's, Ibizan's, German Shepherds, Afghan's and my personal favourites the Irish Wolfhound and the Ridgeback. At one point I turned around to see about 15 Ridgebacks behind me waiting for their turn in the ring, it was fabulous!  I met some lovely people...especially one lady who was also really receptive to the idea of massage, in fact she does it already on her own dog.  
The stands and stalls were a bit disappointing and I'm not quite sure what I did to deserve a 10 minute demo from a vacuum cleaner salesman!!
There was no-one there providing pre or post event massage (which is good for me) and when I got chatting to the Secretary of the NZ Kennel Club their monthly publication sounded like it could be a useful forum for advertising.

All in all a very worthwhile and enjoyable few hours spent doing market research.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen, I hope your are getting all hands on with the hounds:) Glad you enjoyed the dog show. Me and ridie pup Jeanie came back on Sun to compete in the puppy stakes semi final (32 pups) we did not make the final 10 but wonderful training for my girl. Enjoy your cours (I have had my canine anatomy notes out again.....so great minds thin alike) Looking forward to your thoughts on Chicago....I loved it..
    cheers and take care
    Mags
    Glenmohr Retreat Kennels/training 7 holiday cottage (listed on bookabach) waipu, Northland NZ

    ReplyDelete