Thursday 9 October 2014

Up up and away

Sitting in the Koru lounge of Auckland International sipping some bubbles.  

It's been a funny kind of day...not least because I misread my flight time and was ready for an 11.55am departure as opposed to a 7.40PM one.  Because of that I was uncharacteristically organised and all packed by yesterday evening which on a positive note meant I could drink more red wine last night without worrying about getting on a long haul flight with a stinking hangover...but on a less positive note I've been kicking my heels today with nothing much to do apart from get nervous.  I managed some sofa time with the ginger stick monster but then just really wanted to be gone. Had a drink with Rob in departures and now here I am.  

It's a long way to Chicago; about 12 hours to LA followed by a couple of hours in transit, then 4 hours to Chicago.  Plenty of time to catch up on movies and the book I just bought...and if I need it I've also packed "Canine Massage" in my hand luggage :)

Next post will be from the windy city itself.....exciting!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment