Monday 17 November 2014

Case study #1

I can't believe it - I've already started my case studies....

Yesterday I had the immense pleasure of meeting Dotty who is an 11 year old Miniature Schnauzer.  Dotty lost her right hindlimb last year and has come to terms incredibly well with getting along on 3 legs.

We started some trust building with a few yummy treats but pretty soon phased those out and Dotty relaxed into it and allowed me to give her a good 35 - 40 minute massage.  I mainly focused on relaxation techniques for her, with some light compression on particularly tight muscles.  We had plenty of yawning and a couple of dog farts (which is a good thing!!!). I have high hopes for my next session - assuming I didn't put her off :)

I'm seeing her again in just over a week so I'll get some photos in that session.

Case Study #2 is tomorrow so watch this space....

On a separate note, Asha had a play date yesterday morning ;).  Her best friend Stanley came over for an hour and they ran amok through the house.  I just love watching the two of them play, they are delightful.  Having learnt so much more about canine behaviour while I was in Chicago I could see that it's all very friendly, and I now notice when one of them tells the other one they've had enough, or get a bit hyper over something!!


No comments:

Post a Comment