Wednesday 5 November 2014

One journey finishes but another one begins....

Did you know that classical piano can relax dogs? I found that out the other day – now it makes sense why they had some playing at the Animal Care League.

Even in the last 2.5 days we have seen more dogs than you can shake a stick at!  
The gorgeous Fifty came in again – I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…he is fabulous :)

We’ve carried on learning, learning about pathology, and about massage for “special populations” such as palliative care, puppies, geriatric dogs and those differently-abled.  We had to work on our “elevator speeches” and role played them out….hilarious!  We’ve heard from previous graduates of the school about their experiences on starting this work and we’ve talked and discussed business practices.

We also had a hands-on test yesterday to make sure we understood all the massage techniques and could apply them appropriately.

I have had an incredible experience here at the Chicago School of Canine Massage.  I cannot recommend it highly enough.  Thanks to Denise, Erin, Kim, Pam, Deb, Jaclyn and Melissa– you’re awesome!!  And of course my classmates – you fellas rock ;)

My next challenge is to complete 20 hours of observation and 20 hours of case studies.  Each case study needs to have 4 sessions of an hour each so I need 5 dogs to work on.  Once I’ve done all that then I will get my certificate to show that I am a Certified Canine Massage Therapist :) There’s also an international exam that I want to sit –hopefully sometime in March.

I will keep my blog up to date with my ongoing experiences…all your comments and page views have been enormously encouraging. 


For the next few days Debs and I are going to explore Chicago and then I’ll be back in the land of the long white cloud next Tuesday. (You want to hope there’s no wi-fi at our Airbnb place so I don’t post after a few Vodka’s!!)



1 comment:

  1. Aww, Hels, what a fab experience and topped off by a few days with Deb ... have a great time guys and he's to the start of a new Chapter, a different career and a new love eh ... I can't recommend it highly enough. I haven't looked back since starting my business. Hard work yes, but worth every bit of it :) Looking forward to a skype catch up with you & that bro of mine soon :) Cx

    ReplyDelete