Saturday 29 November 2014

Feel like I'm hitting my stride

It's hard to believe I've been back less than 3 weeks yet I've already completed second sessions with the majority of my case studies.

In the last few weeks I've also had a variety of responses to my new career. Some examples: "you do what????"; "did you say dogs?"; openly guffawing in my face; and my own personal favorite...someone looking interested, asking questions then in the end saying "oh you're serious...I thought you were joking with me"!!

I had the gorgeous Dukey again this week.  We made definite progress from last time and he was much more comfortable which was hugely encouraging.

I also had sessions with Benny, Stanley and Tusk.  Benny was a bit more distracted this week than last time; Stanley was similar to before; and Tusk I managed to give a pretty good Sports massage to whilst she was preoccupied with a cheese slice filled Kong!
I have never used a Kong so much...they're great for keeping busy minds occupied and Asha loves it when I stuff it with cream cheese and freeze it :)

Yesterday I managed to miss the rain when I visited the dog park to practice some more observation.  I felt a bit mean as I didn't take Asha when all her friends were there...I made it up to her with an extra long massage this afternoon.  

I also got to practice my low stress handling techniques on a visit to the Vet with Asha.  It's not as easy as the books make out...whilst she doesn't mind going to the vet, in fact she's quite happy with the whole experience and happily takes treats, it's when we need her to hold still that she gets concerned.  In the new year I'm going to take her into the Vet on random occasions so she can get used to it a bit more.

So to top off my week I went to Water Woofs for an hour with a friend to watch her pooch on the underwater treadmill - great way to finish the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment